Here is a sample of recent therapy-related essays. For additional essays and a whole lot of resources for your private practice, visit the community website at Talking About Therapy.
You can click on the links to open up the essays in a new window.
EMDR Therapy: Is it Really All That?
A 3 part series intended to introduce EMDR therapy and its use as an adjunctive treatment to fellow therapists. This series was co-authored with Veronika Gold, MFT and published in the SFCAMFT newsletter. Click to download.
Part 1: Why Choose EMDR Therapy
Published in the 2015 November/December Issue of the SFCAMFT Newsletter.
Chapter in Books
- Levis, R.V. (2013) Dancing Naked on the Bridge. In Maller, D., Langsam, K., & Jerbian Fritchle, M.(Eds.), Praeger Handbook of Community Mental Health Practice. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
Dancing Naked on the Bridge is a case study in first person, that acknowledges the intersection of vicarious trauma and culture shock. Published in Praeger’s Handbook of Community Mental Health, this essay talks about Rajani’s experience returning to India, as a Western trained mental health professional, helping to set up a community mental health program.
Five Journeys, One Destination is a three part series written for the Therapist magazine’s prelicensee corner. Rajani invited four of her colleagues to join her in sharing their perspectives on the long road to MFT licensure.
- Levis, R.V. (2013). Five Journeys, One Destination: Part One. The Therapist, 25(4), 20-27.
- Levis, R.V. (2013). Five Journeys, One Destination: Part Two. The Therapist, 25(5), 28-37.
- Levis, R.V. (2013). Five Journeys, One Destination: Part Three. The Therapist, 25(6), 26-34.
To view the three part series in the Therapist Magazine online, click the links below:
- Five Journeys, One Destination: Part One in the Therapist Magazine Online
- Five Journeys, One Destination: Part Two in the Therapist Magazine Online
- Five Journeys, One Destination: Part Three in the Therapist Magazine Online
California Victim Compensation Program (CalVCP) 101 was written as an informational document for local therapists and was originally published in the newsletter for SFCAMFT.
- Just a Minute Column. SF CAMFT Newsletter.
- Assistant Editor, SF CAMFT Newsletter.